About The Project
We are curently cooking up a new line of items for our 2018 collection and are taking it to Paris. The idea is to open a popup gallery as a first step, and then to gradually work our way into establishing a regular routing of our products to France as a first destination, before expanding to other European capitals.
The Story Behind the Project
1% is an architecture firm. At 1% Architecture, we have a passion for detail and human-scale objects. After several years of designing homes and furniture for our clients, we have come to develop our own DNA. A couple of years ago, we decided to launch our own homegrown collection of multipurpose furniture. The idea was to create and produce design furniture, using only high quality raw materials, but keeping prices affordable. We compiled all our creations into one catalogue and the journey began in December 2017, with the launching of our collection in the "1% Goes to BT" exhibition, which was held at the very prestigious Beirut Terraces project in DT Beirut. Following this first adventure, we opened our first permanent showroom in our workshop in Mar Mikhael, we then participated in Beirut Design Week as well as Beirut Design Fair, but we still have bigger plans in mind...
How Will The Funding Be Used
The funding will be used for the following expenses:
- - prototyping of undergoing designs for the 2018 collection;
- - finalizing the website and communication tools for e-catalogue and online sales;
- - producing the first batch of our collection to be promoted and shipped to Paris for sale;
- - packing and shipping and door-to-door delivery;
- - renting the location for the popup gallery event;
- - creation of a display setup on site in Paris; and
- - launching event expenses (travel, advertising, communication, etc.).